Friday, March 4, 2011

Vicious Boxer

The days are longer and it was warmer today so when I got home and it was still light I decided to take Ballou for a walk. We have a nice natural area near us that in the winter is a great place to walk a dog off leash. We usually meet one or two other dog walkers while out and the dogs all sniff and say hello then we go our separate ways. Today was a different story, the boxer came up sniffed and then attacked. She had Ballou on her back and was trying to get the jugular. Ballou was yipping and yapping, I was trying to pull the Boxer off, but couldn't get a hold on the collar so I started hitting it with the leash to no avail. Finally the owner pulled the dog off. I was livid! I told the owner that if a vet visit was necessary as a result they were paying and made her give me her name and phone number.
I think she thought I was over reacting.
Ballou is actually fine, thank goodness, as for me I didn't enjoy the last half of my walk and was still shaking when we got home.
Good thing Len wasn't there or the Boxer might have turned on him when he planted a few kicks on its head.

1 comment:

Amber Griffiths said...

That is so scary... but I would have done the same!! Better to be prepared than to have gone home and find out that there was something wrong with Ballou!! So happy to hear that She's alright!! Glad to hear nothing happened to you either... That was honestly my first thought when Trevor told me what happened. As for that owner... she should not have that dog off leash if she can't control its aggression....